Our heritage

The Town is situated at the foot of a hill, from which it probably takes its original Celtic name of Vindobriga, the White Hill, and a light eminence where a Roman city was built of more than 100 hectares on the site of Tours Mirandes during the 2nd century and in the 3rd century. 
10 minutes from Futuroscope and close to the main roads, this municipality of 3000 inhabitants has succeeded in keeping alive its own culture and the peaceful nature of the rural district. 
All public services and businesses are available here. Sport and cultural associations provide activities and a warm welcome.
 
 
The gallo-roman site of Les Tours Mirandes
This Gallo-roman site dates from 1st and 3rd centuries AD; it sprawls over more than a hundred hectares between the communes of Vendeuvre-du-Poitou and Chéneché.
► See more
 
     
     
The Church Saint Aventin
In the centre of the town of Vendeuvre-du-Poitou, located between Le Poitou and La Touraine, stretching over more than 4000 hectares, the Church Saint-Aventin will attract your attention. From the 11th century until the 18th century the construction and modifications of this church were a real battle against the natural elements: on March 11th 1704 an earthquake destroyed a part of the stone arrow.
► See more
 
     
     


English